Clear Safari Reading List On iPhone and Mac
If you’re like me, you probably use Safari’s Reading List feature quite a bit. It’s great for keeping track of articles you want to read later, but it can also quickly become cluttered. If you’re looking to clean up your Reading List, here’s how to do it on both your iPhone and Mac.
Removing Safari Reading List on iPhone or Mac
On your iPhone, open Safari and tap the Bookmarks icon (it looks like an open book). Under the heading My Bookmarks, tap the Reading List. Tap Edit in the top right corner. Tap the red minus sign next to each item you want to delete, then tap Delete. To delete all items from your Reading List, tap Clear All in the bottom left corner. On your Mac, open Safari and click the Sidebar icon (it looks like a book). Under the heading Favorites, click the Reading List. To delete an item, hover your cursor over it and click the X that appears. To delete all items from your Reading List, click Clear All in the bottom left corner.
Why you might want to clear Safari Reading List
There are a few reasons you might want to clear your Safari Reading List. Maybe you’re done with all the articles you had saved and want to start fresh. Or maybe your Reading List is so cluttered that it’s become difficult to find anything. Regardless of your reason, clearing your Reading List is a pretty straightforward process. If you’re running out of space on your device, one way to free up some space is by clearing your Safari Reading List. This can also be a good way to declutter your list and make it easier to find the articles you actually want to read.
How to clear reading list on iphone
- Tap the Safari icon to launch the app.
- Tap the Bookmarks icon (it looks like an open book).
- Tap the Reading List tab.
- Tap Edit in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select the articles you want to delete by tapping the circle to the left of each one.
- Tap Delete in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Tap Done in the top-right corner of the screen when you’re finished.
How to clear your Reading List on your Mac:
- Launch Safari from your dock or Applications folder.
- Click the Sidebar icon (it looks like a book) in the top-left corner of the window.
- Click the Reading List in the sidebar.
- Hover your mouse over an article you want to delete, then click the X that appears to the right of it.
- Repeat step 4 for each article you want to delete.
How to prevent Safari from saving articles for later reading
The Safari Reading List feature is turned on by default, but you can easily turn it off if you don’t want Safari to save articles for later reading. On your iPhone, open Safari and tap the Share icon (it looks like a box with an arrow coming out of it). Scroll down and tap Settings. Tap the toggle next to Save Articles next to the Reading List to turn it off. On your Mac, open Safari and click Safari in the top left corner of your screen. Click Preferences, then click the Websites tab. Click the drop-down menu next to When visiting other websites and choose Off from the list.