If you are experiencing a black screen on your iPhone after updating to iOS 12, this may be due to the new Face ID feature. This is not a bug and can be fixed by turning off Face ID in Settings.
The ios 14 update black screen is a problem that many iPhone users have experienced after an iOS update. The issue can be fixed by turning off automatic downloads for apps and updates.
Warm greetings, nerds…!! Once again, I’m here with an intriguing subject for which many iPhone owners are looking for a solution. We all know that one of the most annoying problems is when your iPhone screen turns dark following an update. The majority of users have reported seeing this blank screen whenever they open a new app. So, if you’re having trouble with your iPhone’s black screen after the latest iOS upgrade, this post is for you. So, without further ado, let’s get this party started.
iPhone’s Screen Is Black
We are all aware that Apple goods are among the most dependable. However, most customers have stated that after upgrading iOS, they are experiencing a black screen problem. So, in this post, I’ll show you how to repair the black screen problem on your iPhone after the iOS upgrade using the best available techniques.
This article contains the following content:
The following are some of the reasons why your iPhone’s screen is black:
There may be a variety of causes for the iPhone’s black screen problem. Whether you’re utilizing an app that may cause this problem. Alternatively, basic settings like as brightness, date, and time may have been altered, resulting in a blank screen.
Now, let’s look at some of the most effective ways for resolving this problem. These ideas are simple enough to implement with your own hands.
Fixing a Black Screen on an iPhone After an iOS Update:
In this post, I’ll show you the top ten ways to repair the black screen on iPhone after an iOS upgrade. Make sure you follow each technique step by step. Let’s go into the specifics of each approach now.
#1. Increase the Luminosity:
Yes, your iPhone will set your brightness too low the majority of the time. As a result, ensure sure the brightness is turned up. You may also ask Siri to adjust your lighting. This is one of the easiest solutions for resolving the problem.
Change the brightness of the room
#2. Plug In The iPhone To The Charger:
A black screen on iPhone may also be caused by not charging your iPhone fully. Please carefully follow the instructions outlined below.
- The first step is to connect your charger to your iPhone and check whether or not it is charging.
Your iPhone should be charged.
- Leave it for a few hours until it’s fully charged.
- Then, be sure to reset your iPhone normally to see whether the black screen problem persists.
#3. Double-check your general settings:
To solve this problem using this approach, you’ll need to check certain basic settings on your iPhone. Please carefully follow the instructions outlined below.
- The first thing you need do is go to settings, then general. Toggle the switch on the date and time by clicking on it.
Activate The Switch
- Furthermore, navigate to the display and brightness settings.
[PC: https://appletoolbox.com/] Set Brightness
- Go to the view option and choose a different view depending on the original settings.
- As previously said, if the brightness level is too low, adjust it.
4. Examine Your Hardware:
Another way you should investigate is your hardware failure. The majority of the time, the black screen on iPhone is caused by a battery problem. As a result, be sure to verify the health or condition of your battery. It doesn’t matter whether it’s charging or not.
Examine Your Hardware
In addition, be sure to inspect any internal hardware components to see if they are broken.
#5: Delete a Specific App:
As previously said, a certain app that you have been opening may be the source of your iPhone’s black screen problem. Please carefully follow the instructions outlined below.
- The first step is to close the app you’re using right now.
- Now go to the app store and make sure the program that was causing the problem is uninstalled.
- Finally, be sure to restart your device before attempting to resolve the problem.
#6. Force Your Device to Restart:
Well, this is one of the simplest ways for reviving a dead iPhone. Force restarting your smartphone is the only thing you need to do. Please carefully follow the instructions outlined below.
Follow these instructions if you have an iPhone 6 or older model.
- The first thing you need to do is hit both the power and home buttons at the same time.
Toggle the Buttons
- Make careful to keep them in place for at least 10-15 seconds.
- The Apple logo will appear after that, and the device will be forced to start.
Follow the instructions below for iPhone 7 and later generations.
- The first step is to simultaneously press the power and volume down buttons on your phone.
- Make careful to keep them in place for at least 10 seconds.
- The Apple logo will appear on the screen after that, and the device will be forced to restart.
#7. Restore the iPhone in DFU or Recovery Mode:
If you’re having trouble with a dead iPhone, you may simply put it into recovery mode. You may just connect it to iTunes and follow the instructions below. Before we get started, a friendly warning that this technique will erase all of your data.
- The first thing you need do is download the most recent version of iTunes. Connect the lightning wire to it now.
- If you’re using an iPhone 7 or later, hold down the volume down button for a long time.
- Then attach the lightning wire to the device’s opposite end.
- The iTunes logo may now be seen on the iPhone’s screen. After that, it goes into recovery mode.
- You must hit the home button instead of the volume button on iPhone 6s and earlier versions.
- Once iTunes identifies your iPhone 5s, you’ll see the iTunes message on the screen.
- If you accept to the request, your smartphone will be returned to you.
Click the OK button.
#8. Clear Some Room:
In certain cases, having too much storage on your phone may result in a black screen on your iPhone following an iOS upgrade. As a result, be certain that all of the storage space is free.
Examine Your Phone’s Storage
To do so, open the settings app and then choose general from the drop-down menu. In general, go to iPhone storage and see which apps are using up too much space. You free up some space, be sure to uninstall the app now.
#9: Using iTunes, restore factory settings:
If you want to restore your device to factory settings using iTunes, carefully follow the instructions below.
- The first step is to install iTunes on your computer and open it.
- Make sure your iPhone is connected to your computer via USB connection.
Connecting Through a Cable
- Once iTunes has identified your device, be sure to choose the restore option.
Select Restore from the drop-down menu.
- Now iTunes will delete all of your iPhone’s data. As a result, be careful to backup all of your data before proceeding.
- Once the whole procedure has been finished. Finally, turn on your smartphone and look for the problem.
Use Any LockWiper #10:
If none of the aforementioned techniques are successful, the final option is to use any lock wiper. I recommend that you utilize the iMyFone lockwiper in this case. Please carefully follow the instructions outlined below.
- The first step is to download and run iMyFone, then choose the option to unlock the screen passcode and press start.
Start by pressing the Start button.
- Now connect your iPhone to your computer and download the appropriate update. Then choose the option to download.
Select “Download” from the menu.
- After that, after the download is finished. Select the option to begin extracting.
To verify, press the Start button.
- Now choose the Start Unlocking option and input 000000 as your confirmation code.
Please enter the Confirmation Code.
- Wait a few minutes for the whole procedure to finish.
- What causes the iPhone’s dark screen?
When you’re utilizing a freshly installed app on your smartphone, you’ll run into this problem. As a result, be certain to remove the program.
- What happened to my iPhone screen after the update?
After upgrading your iOS, you may see a black screen due to a software malfunction or hardware failure.
- Is it possible to repair the iPhone’s dark screen problem?
Yes, using any of the techniques listed above, you may simply resolve the black screen problem on your own.
Finally, I can say that if you’re searching for a solution to the iPhone’s dark screen problem following an iOS upgrade, this post is the one for you. In this post, I’ve outlined the top ten ways for resolving this issue. I hope you find this information to be very beneficial. Thank you for taking the time to read this article.
If you have any questions about this post, please ask them in the comments area, and if you find it helpful, please share it with your friends and family.
Thank you for selecting OMGEEKY.
My name is Nadhiya, and I work at OMGeeky as an editor and author. I like writing tech-related articles to assist my users. Apart from that, I like traveling, cooking, painting, singing, dancing, sharing knowledge, patience, a small group of friends, a happy soul, kindness, assisting the poor, being a shopaholic, and being a homely person.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my iPhone screen black after update?
This is a common issue with the iOS update on some iPhones. The solution to this issue is to restart your phone and then try again.
How do I fix black screen on iOS 14?
This is most likely due to the iOS update. To fix this, please go into your settings on your device and try turning off HDR mode.
What do you do when your iPhone screen turns black?
This is a common issue that occurs when the battery dies. If your iPhone screen goes black, you should plug it in and charge it for at least an hour to get it back up and running.
- iphone update black screen with apple logo
- iphone 11 stuck on black screen with apple logo
- iphone 11 screen frozen can’t turn off
- my iphone keeps showing the apple logo and turning off
- why does my iphone screen keep going black when i cover it